personalized gift bags

Tuesday, March 23, 2010


Every once in a while, I like to decorate simple gift bags. It makes the gift seem that much more "special" when you know that you took the extra time to wrap it in something that you personalized for the occasion. 


    

I picked up this really cute burlap gift bag at the dollar store yesterday ... I loved the colours & the wooden handle and it was the perfect size for the present that we were giving to our wonderful neighbors. The bag just needed that extra little "heartfelt" touch. I attached a handmade "flower" to the bag with two small pieces of wire and then tied velvet ribbon over the wire to create "leaves" and hide the wire.


   

The flower is made from a metal light reflector and recycled stir sticks from Starbucks. I make a bunch of these every once in a while to keep on hand for gift bags and to add to potted flowers. I create small graphic designs on my computer for the centre of the flower ... this one says "thank you". You don't have to make the flowers out of metal light reflectors. You could easily cut flower shapes out of fabric, felt or coloured foam and simply glue or sew a decorative button in the centre.   




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!