Book of Me ... my first pages ...

Monday, May 23, 2011

I recently joined a scrapbooking group called "Book of Me Club" ... we are meeting at Scrapbook Queens once a month to work on a scrapbook about ourselves. I am creating my book from a Tim Holtz's Grungeboard  book. I have decided that each "topic" will have two pages and one of the pages will always be a digital collage. I love making digital collages right now ... it's a great way to use all of the images that I have been collecting from The Graphics Fairy as well as ones that I have created myself. You can see the digital collage that I created for this month's topic above!

The Graphics Fairy is a wonderful source for very old (royalty free) images that can be used for any of your crafting, home decorating or digital projects. Karen, THE Graphics Fairy, is so kind to share her images with us {for free!} and if you ask nicely ... you can request if she has images that you have not been able to find on her site ... she has helped me out a couple of times!


So here is my first two pages ... you can see that I printed my digital collage on the right side to fill the whole page (5x7) and I used an assortment of vintage findings and scrapbooking elements to pull together the other page.


The old library pocket was from a Hardy Boys book that I purchased from a library book sale near our cottage a few years ago ... remember when they used a date stamp to tell you when the book was due and you could see how many other people had read the book before you ... that was cool ...


and the little eiffel tower charm that I added to the tab on the grungeboard was from a key chain that I purchased in Paris when I was there with my daughter on a school trip a few years ago. I have been saving that charm for something special ... I'm so glad that it has finally found a home!

If you are into scrapbooking ... traditional, digital or hybrid ... I hope that you will think about creating a book about "yourself" too. I'm going to try to post each month what I have been doing ... to keep me on track and perhaps ... to inspire you too!!
Have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Oh so well done! Your book is full of amazing collage pages and great extras. I love how you have made it.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! I like the idea of one traditional, one digital layout per spread - that alone says something about your interests (and technical abilities!). Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete