book of me ... scrapbook club part 2

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tomorrow night I will be attending the "book of me" scrapbooking club at Scrapbook Queens. This month's topic is "fashionable me". I'm really kind of a casual "jeans and tee shirt" girl but I love my accessories!

I pulled together a couple of pictures of myself to scrapbook and styled a shot of my favourite accessories ...
I've had my cowboy boots forever and they are more comfortable than running shoes so I wear them everywhere all year round. My two other favourite accessories at the moment are made from recycled materials made by Little Earth - a cool belt made from soda bottle caps, a tire and seat belt buckle and the other is a purse made from two California licence plates.
I added a polariod frame to my photos that I downloaded  here from Shadow House Creations. I grunged up the frame to age it because it was too white and I wanted the polariod frames to match my digital collage that created for the second page ...
This is the digital collage. I called it "the sensible fashionista" ... which describes me in a sense because I don't really consider my self to be a fashionista (especially compared to the fashion designers and buyers that I have worked with over the years) but I have developed a style of my own that I feel comfortable with. Most of the images for my digital collage are from the Graphics Fairy.

So I've sent off my images to Costco to be printed in the morning and I can't wait to scrapbook them tomorrow night.

I'm going to pack my Tim Holtz sizzix alterations sewing room die to use on one of the pages as well - I'm thinking that I may cut the judy out of a piece of leather ... I use to wear leather and suede pants a number of years ago and I am having a difficult time parting with them!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!