playing with photoshop filters

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I was checking out some blogs today and found this quote that I just loved ... "Tell me, what is it that you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

As soon as I saw the quote I knew that I wanted to add it to a photo of one of my daughters. I've been spending a lot of time with both of them talking about what they want "to be" when they grow up and where they want go to school.

I found this great photo of my daughter Robyn from a few years ago ... she was sitting on the side of our boat and I noticed that the sun's reflection seemed to be dancing on the water in front of her. I played with the picture in Photoshop CS3 and tried out a bunch of different filters before committing to the one that you see ... artistic/watercolour.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we know and understand,
imagination leads us to all we might yet discover and create." - Albert Einstein

If you have Photoshop on your computer, I'd like to challenge you to pick out picture that you love and play around with it for a while to see what you can do. Send me a link so that I can see what you created.

If you are still learning how to use Photoshop or are looking for some Photoshop tutorials to show you how to do something , I would recommend that you check out pugly pixel for some really simple Photoshop tutorials. I was looking at their tutorial today for creating a photoshop letterpress effect  and it's on my list of things to try out next!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!